- 2 Salt (to taste)
- 2 Sliced Onions
- 1 Teaspoonminced Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon minced fresh Ginger
- 2 Bundles of fresh, chopped green coriander
- 8 Cleaned quail cubes
- 2 Cup Basmati rice
- 1 Bundle of chopped mint
- 2 Medium-sized, sliced tomatoes
- 100g Roasted cashew
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- ½ Cup yoghurt
- 1 Spoon margarine
- 1 Liter of water (approx.)
- 1 Cube of chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon biryani spices
- Heat margarine and vegetables oil.
- Add onions and leave over low heat until red.
- Add quail and stir over low heat for ten minutes, then add garlic and ginger and stir.
- Add tomatoes and stir until half cooked.
- Add the chicken broth, biryani spices, water, salt, and some cashew.
- When the water reaches to a boil, add the rice (washed) and let it boil a little, then cover it and keep it over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Next, add a touch of turmeric around the edges of the pot.
- Finally, add the rest of the coriander and mint and stir gently.
- Garnish with cashew before serving.
Wash Quail with salt water and rinse.